Friday, May 10, 2019

Customizing My Google Cursor

My own TIbeam, the way I like it
Yes, another one of those posts on how to get rid of the damn I-beam cursor...
I have a thing for cursors, specifically, for cursors that do my bidding.
Right now I'm using a very nice cursor them called Google Cursor, that, yes, tries to replicate the look and feel of the Chrome OS cursors, but, this being Linux, I certainly can customize my cursor icons the way I see like them...
Which is something that Chrome OS don't let you do... At all..

These are the changes I made to the Google Cursor theme to suit my needs, after installing it on ~/.icons/

cd ~/.icons/Google_Cursor/cursors/

cp xterm xterm.ORIG
cp ibeam ibeam.ORIG
cp text text.ORIG

cp left_ptr xterm
cp left_ptr ibeam
cp left_ptr text

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home