Sunday, March 30, 2008

Christmas catchup

I got all of the books I wanted, except for the one on FreeBSD security, but I really don't miss it much.
Incidentally, spannungsbogen didn't work on Weisman's, but I don't mind, the book is really interesting, gulped on the plane back, forced me to put aside Toffler's Revolutionary Wealth.

BTW, the cover of Toffler's English edition if awful, I'd preffer the more sever but discreet form the Spanish edition, the English one looks like a diet book or something.

Other books I got:

The Cold and the Dark: The World After Nuclear War
Down and Dirty Pictures: Miramax, Sundance, and the Rise of Independent Film

Biskind's book on US 70's movies (Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-Drugs-and-Rock 'N' Roll Generation Saved Hollywood) was rather good, a mix of gossip and scholar film critique, really entertaining stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home