Sunday, January 27, 2008

For whom the bells tolls (4)

System preferences for TZ location
The people at Quadion here in Argentina has released (thru their blog) a (free!) TZ data update to correct the problem with the change of hour from December 30th 2007 ( Link 1 Link 2 ).
I haven't used yet, but it seems to do the work, they also have a Leopard version as well (link).

What I did on Thor, because I wanted to have my clock sync'ed via NTPD once again with Goliath, was to to change the TZ to Uruguay, and then re-enable the automatic sync via System Preferences' "Set date & time automatically".

The only drawback was that on the Terminal, the date included the TZ location as well, so I edited my ~/.profile file like this:

alias date='date "+%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Y"'


- MAC OS X - HORARIO DE VERANO EN ARGENTINA - AHORA TAMBIÉN PARA TIGER!
- Mac OS X - Horario de verano en Argentina

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home