Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brownbuntu


Some tests I did, trying to, I don't know, I guess "darken" the theme a bit, I mean, the Verdebuntu one.

Also, for what I have read, Ubuntu's next release will be a somber one too (in terms of the GUI colors or the tones).
And, I don't know, what can I say, I admit it, I do like the brown hues, I have no problem at all with Ubuntu's default theme (but a bit spiffied with Compiz effects and drop shadows everywhere!)

I really dig this one, the melange of browns and oranges (the Synaptic updater icon on the tray) looks rather cool.

The problem is the rest... The colors for the regular use, things like text editing, emails, etc, looks like crap, I mean like this Evolution screenshot, it is practically unusable, you can loose an eye after a day of reading emails like that.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home