Friday, June 13, 2008

Birthday wish list, more like "research"

My birthday is close, so I have been web window shopping for my present.
I have been looking for a long time for a book, not a sci-fi one, that would deal with the repercussions on humans after a nuclear war, sort of like Threads so "wonderfully" did (extra link 1 extra link 2)

I read (lost it on a moving, I guess) A Path Where No Man Thought: Nuclear Winter and the End of the Arms Race and I have The Cold and the Dark: The World After Nuclear War, but both of them are pretty much centered around the climatic, the weather changes on the subject.
Whilst the subject it is really interesting (I b*tch a lot about the regular weather...), I would like to read something that is primarily aimed towards what would happen to society, or whatever remains that resembles it.

Found these two, but I don't know what to expect.




the Long Darkness
The Long Darkness: Psychological and Moral Perspectives on Nuclear Winter









Nuclear winter
Nuclear Winter: The Human and Environmental Consequences of Nuclear War


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home