Tuesday, January 01, 2008

In praise of the Emacs key bindings

Space kadetkeyboard
I'm a big Emacs fan and user, and Bash also; maybe because of laziness, or simply because "it works" for all my needs, since it came default on the Linux boxes I started, and then, installing Emacs is one of the first things I do, when I have to configure a Linux box at work, not to mention, one of my own.

One thing I have always loved about Emacs, from day one, is the Emacs key bindings, I feel them to be quite natural, really useful ones; don't know how to tell it, but I believe I type better while on Emacs.

While doing some research on getting the Emacs key bindings globally for Gnome, I found a couple of links that are really interesting, particularly on the history or implementation of those key bindings.


- Emacs key bindings through the ages

- Why Emacs's Keyboard Shortcuts Are Painful

- The Modernization of Emacs

- Space-cadet keyboard

- Space Cadet keyboard  Take a look at the pictures on this site!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home