Monday, December 25, 2017

Switch The Command with The Option Key

Damn! I've spent hours and hours researching how to fix this... And the answer is so damn simple!

Ever since I've started to use the little MacBook Pro, I was desperate with the placement of the Command (Super or Windows) key and the Option (Alt) key on it's lovely and sturdy keyboard, it turns out that on Apple is inverted compared to my Thinkpads and my Happy Hacking keyboard, so, muscle memory and all, and I was about to cut my fingers.

I've tried every trick, snippet and configuration option and recipe that both setxkbmp and xmodmap had in store, to no avail...

But the solution is as simple as executing this on a sudo su - Terminal:

echo "1" > /sys/module/hid_apple/parameters/swap_opt_cmd

That line changes everything and makes the little aluminum lappie completely and totally usable.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home