Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ubuntu on the Compaq Presario F700 (4)

This is what it is not working for me at the moment.

-Suspend & Hibernate:
Using the latest kernel at the moment (2.6.24-19-generic) both suspend and hibernate work, but, USB does not work after using them.

Using the kernel from the install (2.6.24-16-generic) suspend works, but hibernate doesn't; the USB problem persist.

This is known issue: USB mouse/keyboard do no respond after resume from suspend-to-RAM on x86_64 systems with >4GB RAM, and, for the problems I'm having, it happens with less RAM -I have 1 GB installed-, and on 32 bit too.
The solution seems to be to upgrade the kernel to another version, but that version happens to be having problems with the NVRAM's NIC 2.6.27 e1000e driver places Intel ICH8 and ICH9 gigE chipsets at risk


- Atheros WiFi card:
No matter what I tried, so far I haven't being able to actually use it.
The card it is recognized, but I can't connect to any AP, not one, period.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home