Sunday, January 13, 2008

Povera MacBook

Olibook laptop
Well, since my employer can't give me the crappy laptop, I have been looking around for a nice laptop.
It has to be a laptop because of space constrains at home, it has to be able to run Linux on it & it has to be as cool looking as possible (yes, that's right, I'm that superficial)
Of course, also, it doesn't have to cost an eye & a leg... Like this: Black MacBook on Argentina, that's U$S 2420, or close by.

One model that caught my attention ever since I heard about them, was the Olivetti Olibook, it is somehow cheap, comes 1 GB of RAM, 80 GB HDD, it is totally black, has a decent native resolution & it is small (14").
The only problem I can see is the video RAM, I hope it is enough to run Beryl without problems...

Some links related to the laptop:


Garbarino - Olibook 820-WVHB
Musimundo - Olibook T2050 1GB/80 WVISHE
Press release when the laptop were launched on Argentina
Another review
A review, written from the Linux perspective
Some (old) tips on installing Ubuntu
Comparisson with other similar laptops
Olivetti's distributor on Argentina

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home