Thursday, April 04, 2019

To Developer, Crouton and Beyond!

On Monday switched the Chromebook Pro to Developer Mode and today installed Linux via Crouton.
Used this options to make the install:

sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -r sid -t\ xfce,touch,chrome,extension,keyboard -e

But it failed because:

touch target is not supported on Debian.

So I finally used this install options:

sudo sh ~/Downloads/crouton -r xenial\
-t xfce,touch,chrome,extension,keyboard -e 

The install itself it was breeze, I mean, there were no problems whatsoever, but it took something like 4 hours to download and install the whole shebang.
I'm currently running stuff on this new Crouton thing on the Chromebook Pro, to determine if I keep it or I nuke the whole thing and then disable Developer Mode to revert the whole thing and head back to the reservation.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home