Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Finally! ~/Desktop/sync.local.sh

I can't believe I haven't done this before...
I've been doing local backups to a series of external USB drives for ages and ages, I have way too much data to make backups on internet or to a remote server, what I do is that I simply stored on a different location one os those USB drives.
Of course, one of the boxes is the Master, and it pushes to the external USB drives the changes, and the other boxes are the Slaves, getting the changes from the USB drive.
Problem was that, since obviously the function changed, I had to remember which script file was the one I was supposed to execute on each box.
What I finally did was to create an alias on the Desktop of each of the lappies I'm using at the moment, pointing to the correct script for either backing up or restoring to or from the external USB drive.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home