Thursday, October 04, 2012

Stilgar got its GNOME Shell Remix

Installed GNOME Shell Remix once again.
This time on my beloved Stilgar, haven't nuked the Scientific Linux install, but made the GNOME 3 install on Sojourner's HDD, a 500 GB that it is a bit beat but seems to be holding up Ok.
This HDD was originally from an old laptop that I don't have any more, the thin and somewhat fragile Dell XPS M1330; the HDD has a couple of bad sectors, so I'll keep and eye on it, and make plenty of backups.
As far as the GNOME Shell Remix goes, things seem to be pretty nice so far, this lappie only has 3 GB of RAM -and I've used modern distros on it-, so the system its a 32 bits, and overall things are obviously slower than on Usul and its 8 GB of RAM, but can be used as a day in day out box no problem.
The T60p huge screen (1600x1200) its the most amazing thing I've ever seeing.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home