Sunday, March 04, 2012

Cannibalizing the Acer

The Acer TravelMate 2441 is by far the worst, most el cheapo laptop I got my hands on.
Right now there are three things that decided me to say goodbye to it:

  • The temperature, specially around or above where the HDD is stores, just where you rest your right hand when you use the laptop, is amazingly hot.
  • The laptop uses PATA/ IDE HDD, and those are getting really hard to get by, specially -or even tho- I'm on a third world country.
  • Tried to open the laptop to see if the fans were dirty or if they're actually working (the temperature is really annoying) but it was impossible to do so.

So I took out the RAM of it and placed it on Tango, the Compaq el cheapo which compared to the Acer feels like a Ferrari and is cool as ice.
Obviously the RAM boost made quite a difference on Tango.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home