Monday, September 15, 2008

Outlook gripes


Being using Windows Vista for about 5 months now.
So far, and spite all I heard about it, I find it to work well, be stable, and useful; and, it doesn't look that bad.

My only gripe it is not with Vista per se, but I really find Outlook to be a piece of sh*t, maybe it is the version I have (Outlook 2002), I'm not sure, but I haven't found an email client as unstable as Outlook in quite a while, perhaps it is because I use IMAP, every email I get, which is bigger than 3 MB makes Outlook stutters, if not completely freeze for a couple of minutes.

And there is, of course, the not so rare total crash...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, IMAP support in pre-2010 versions of Outlook is known to be buggy, I still use it for my clients, but it is constantly.

Leave it to Microsoft to basically make Outlook a POP or MAPI client exclusively, with poor support for arguably the most versatile and widely used mail protocol: IMAP.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home