Friday, August 01, 2008

Of services & servers on Ubuntu

That is, unneeded for my current Ubuntu setup/ laptop that it is really, really crappy in terms of hardware.
Disabled some of the services that start automatically on Odin, my Ubuntu power horse :)

sudo update-rc.d cupsys remove
sudo update-rc.d atd remove
sudo update-rc.d bluetooth remove
sudo update-rc.d hotkey-setup remove
sudo update-rc.d pppd-dns remove
sudo update-rc.d rsync remove


Also, at the moment I have disabled the run level 3 boot too on this Ubuntu 8.04 install.

It looks more and more like I'll be installing Ubuntu Server on Judith, I really like the fact that I can get a VESA high resolution console without the need to recompile the kernel on FreeBSD, no problem with that, but on Judith it will take for ever to do so.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home